Monday, January 16, 2012

Well That Was Unfortunate

The long silence here was not by choice. My main computer imploded shortly before the holidays, so I had the joyful experience of shifting all my stuff from my old sort-of-working-but-only-if-you're-lucky system to a new box. Lessons learned:
  • An external hard drive for backups is an excellent investment.
  • Five copies of your music library is probably too many.
  • Keeping your data organized is a good thing.
I took the move as an opportunity to consolidate a bunch of duplicate data and eliminate a bunch of stuff I really don't need.

Gaming related: I was planning on switching from Firefox to Chrome until I discovered using TiddlyWiki with Chrome requires the TiddlySaver Java module. Not sure if that's going to be a pain or not. We'll see.

Now... back to work!

5 comments:

  1. Sorry to learn of your computer woes. I'm glad you are back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It wasn't as bad as it sounds, as I was planning on replacing the machine soon anyhow, and I managed to scoop a nice deal by taking advantage of Christmas sales. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good deal. :)

    BTW, am I correct that you know Joshua Macy?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Afraid I don't, unless it's via an alias. The name rings a faint bell though.

    ReplyDelete

Note: all comments are moderated to block spammers. Please be polite.