I added a brief note to last post about some power issues in my base. I applied a quick fix to the problem by doubling the number of generators I have running, which started to kill my potato supply (potatoes make hootch, which is fuel). This is a short-term solution and it got me thinking about my base in general. I started with a plan, but it feels a bit cramped now. With that in mind, I built...
As you can probably guess, the next big project is moving day. Right now I'm trying to figure out what sort of power storage I want to put in place. The energy cells I'm using are fine for now, but I may go ahead and build a Capacitor Bank for more storage. I'm also trying to plan what goes where. Tentatively, the first floor is just an entry with access to the AE system and the workshop will be on the second floor. Floor three is for automation and AE system itself, and the top floor (for now) is farm space. I'll also have a central vertical shaft for cabling. I'm planning two elevators, one that hits every floor and one that hits the main working floors. I used this system in another build, and it worked pretty well.
So there's an update on the build. Hopefully I'll have some time to start moving this week (assuming I figure out what goes where.