So, let's start with power. I think I mentioned before that I was swapping over to Big Reactors nuclear power for my new base. The image above shows the entire setup, including (minor) reactor control automation, fuel handling and reprocessing and energy buffering. A brief summary:
- A 5x5x3 reactor cooled with gelid cryotheum with five fuel rods and the usual controller, fuel ports and an energy tap. It also has a redstone port used to control reactor on/off state.
- The system stores RF power in an Ender IO capacitor bank which (for now) can store up to 20,000,000 RF. Several redstone energy cells, each rated to 20,000,000 RF, provide additional power storage. Power transfer is all via Ender IO enhanced energy conduits.
- An Ender IO power monitor tracks power levels in the capacitor bank and turns a redstone signal on/off depending on power levels. This signal turns the reactor on/off as needed.
- A simple Ender IO item conduit system keeps the reactor fueled and sends waste cyanite to a cyanite reprocessor, where it's turned into blutonium.
- A single ME export bus transfers processed yellorium ingots from the ore processing system to the reactor fuel storage system.
According to the Big Reactor Simulator, this thing should produce about 7,600 RF per tick when running full speed. Since my current setup is only using about 300 RF per tick, I think this system covers power for the near future.
Since I needed to get the ME system up and running quickly to get access to materials and auto-crafting, it's a little messy.
|Messy, but not terrible|
|No need for human intervention|
Since I have approximately 1,000 potatoes in storage, and I'm not using them for fuel any longer, food isn't a high priority, but I have moved several of my farms over to the new base and torn down the old space. Potatoes, wheat, sugar cane, cotton and carrots are all up and running, leaving melons and ender lilies to do.
|New crop potatoes|
|Room to grow|
So what's left? Not a whole lot actually. I need to move my Tinkers Construct smeltery and coke oven to my new workshop and rebuild my melon farm/seed squeezing setup. I also need to deal with my tree farms, which are currently without power or item storage. I plan on rebuilding them from scratch, possibly on elevated platforms connected to the main base. Other than that... mostly done? As for the old base....
Empty bases are the saddest places. I'm not sure if I'll do teardown or just leave it in place.