These are the starting rules for this build. I may add more or refine these as I go. Of course I'm always open to suggestions from readers.
- Rule One: Clean Industry. All industry and farming will be done underground and out of sight if possible. If there is a task that must be carried out on the surface, it must be enclosed in a structure that conforms to the rules. This will require a bit more work to get things rolling, as I'll be doing more digging to start food production. It'll leave me a cleaner canvas on the surface for actually building stuff.
- Rule Two: Green Building. Any tree or cactus cut down on the surface must be replaced. Replacements need not be replanted at the exact same location, but must be within sight of the original.
- Rule Three: Curves. All structures must include at least one non-flat surface. This rule is a bit nebulous, so I'll probably refine it later.
- Rule Four: Survival Mode. All work must be done in survival mode with no item cheats or mods.
This is a list of things I want to accomplish in this build. They range from the trivial to the difficult. Again suggestions welcome.
- Build the following farms: wheat, cactus, tree, pumpkin, melon, vine, and mushroom. For items with multiple types (trees and mushrooms) all types are required.
- Build holding pens stocked with: chickens, cows, pigs, sheep.
- Dig a mine shaft from ground to bedrock.
- Create a complete set of diamond armor.
- Build a structure that reaches the top of the sky and allows player access to at least the cloud level.
- Build a structure with an atrium that contains a lava fall and a water fall.
- Build an outdoor park that is safe to walk at night.
- Build a working monster trap.
Until next time... happy building!