First, a broad-strokes overview of the entire town, as seen from the mountain that I, umm, accidentally cut in half. It makes a good panoramic viewpoint now. These two shots capture the above-ground city.
|Arena, Residential Area, City Hall, Tower and Pool|
|Arena, Tree Farm, Animal Pens and Farm|
|Time for a Swim|
The mine has been a challenge. The land beneath this area is riddled with caverns and ravines. I've found at least four ravines, endless caverns, and even two (or one enormous) abandoned mine shaft.
|The Orderly Mine Tunnels|
|The Not So Orderly Mine Tunnels|
- Wall - Check! Half wood, half stone, but done.
- Gate - Check! Multiple gates, actually, with one larger gate for show.
- Well - Check! Right by city hall.
- Tree Farm - Check! Multiple tree types supported.
- Community Structure - Check! Pool and Arena.
- Deep Mine - Check! Ugly but functional.
- Paths - Check! Everything is connected to the wall path and each other.
- Inventory - Check! The treasury is overflowing, and all items accounted for.
|The Completed Arena|
"We shall become a prosperous City!"
- No Diamond Tools
- You cannot use any diamond for any reason.
- You may only create/use items with ingredients that can be gathered with the allowed tools or your hands (but no diamond items, as stated before)
- All requirements from previous stages. (except item requirements marked (i))
- A City Hall (may be upgraded from town hall) which contains:
- A front door
- A meeting room
- A town treasury
- At least two offices
- At least two floors
- A cathedral or other large religious building.
- At least 2 defensive turrets/towers must be built on/near your walls
- At least 2 more community structures (making 3 in total) must be built.
- A fenced off (or otherwise protected), working wheat farm that must have at least 10 (as opposed to 5) wheat per person participating
- A mine shaft that goes down to level 20 or lower.
- A sea port (if feasible) with at least one pier and boat (item or building) OR a stable if sea port is not possible
- Paths must be created linking the town hall to each new community building and the sea port/stable.
- (i) 15 items of edible food per person
- (i) A bucket
- At least 1 of each:
- (i) Steel Sword
- (i) Steel Pickaxe
- (i) Steel Shovel
- (i) Steel Axe
- (i) Steel Hoe
- (i) Steel Helmet
- (i) Steel Chest Plate
- (i) Steel Leggings
- (i) Steel Boots
- (i) Compass
- (i) Clock
- City Hall - I'm going to upgrade my town hall since it almost qualifies as a city hall already, and I would rather build something new.
- Cathedral - Must be built. I will probably put this next to the city hall.
- Two Defensive Towers/Turrets - Easy, I'll expand/upgrade my existing towers.
- Two Community Structures - Technically I'm ahead here, but not a biggie. I need a market, and maybe a library that can double as an enchanting room too.
- Wheat Farm - Done. Mine is much larger than required.
- Mine Shaft - Also done. Mine goes all the way!
- Sea Port - This is a problem since the nearest ocean is a few hundred blocks away. I'll probably build a stable instead, because I have tons of horses.
- Paths - Of course.
So, all in all, not a ton to do here. The one thing I've learned from this is that for building challenges, I want mods. You can do a lot with plain blocks, but having a fancier build set would be more enjoyable. Also, having some gathering automation would let me focus on building instead of getting lost in the maze beneath the city.