Wednesday, April 3, 2013

The Tombs - An Update

Here's another look at my Tombs mapping project, which is getting pretty well along. Right now I'm struggling with the best way to deal with secret doors in the virtual map world. Obviously there's information on the map that players shouldn't see right off. I know most of the virtual tabletops support fog of war and/or line of sight, as well as layers. I'm just trying to make it as easy as possible for someone to actually use this as a GM.
This is the GM's version of the map. The player's version would *at least* be minus the secret door markers, and possibly minus the passages, though that'd require a fair bit of shuffling at the table to deal with. Full scale, this is a 150dpi map. The walls are thick enough (25px) that it's easy to reveal individual areas without showing stuff beyond them.

I think I'm convincing myself that just hiding the secret doors markers is the right way to go.
I'm also fairly pleased with the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: all comments are moderated to block spammers. Please be polite.