- A different method of laying down the base shadows. The overlay layer I used in the first version was producing an over-saturation effect.
- A second harder shadow near the back of each stair tread to sharpen the edges.
- A very faint highlight on the front edge of each tread to make them pop.
- A gradient shadow to indicate depth, using the revised method.
- A doubled shadow on the lower floor to better match the shadows on the lower stairs.
Friday, April 12, 2013
I've been working on some geomorph tiles recently, and as part of that process, I've been trying to develop a good technique for layout down stairs with appropriate shadows to indicate descent/ascent. This is a before/after (left and right respectively) shot of my first and second attempts at this process. I posted the first on the G+ Map Making in Games community, and got some excellent feedback there.