Friday, March 23, 2012

Randomness Revisited

A few days ago I wrote about the random treasure generator I was working on. This is just a brief followup to let folks know it's mostly done. Mostly.

The biggest thing left to do is magic items, and I'm not sure how to proceed here. Copyright and such aside, I always feel magic items are one of the touchy bits in campaign loot, with player choice playing a big role in what's included and what's not. With that in mind I'm leaning toward a more general description for magic items using item types (potions, weapons, armor, miscellaneous, etc.) combined with power descriptors (weak, potent, etc.), perhaps even using my standard Fate/Fudge scale.

What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Analogues. No big names, modify the verbiage. You'll be okay. :D

    Thank you for this! :D

    ReplyDelete

Note: all comments are moderated to block spammers. Please be polite.