Tuesday, May 24, 2016

What's Going On?

One of my extremely loyal fans (a.k.a. my gaming buddy Mike), mentioned that it's been almost a month since my last post. I've mostly been tied up with real-life stuff like work, and my free time's been divided between a bunch of random stuff like...

  • I ran a session of my Daruna game, in which the party put an end (they think) to the undead threat that was threatening the entire world. Then they escaped the realm of undeath, which was busy disintegrating into the void, and ended up lost in the jungle. They got into a few scuffles and eventually found a weird flesh-golem thing that turned out to be a map leading to a vault that contained a magical shield. The party is richer a shield but still lost...
  • I've been doing a tiny bit with my Minecraft game, but it's mostly been cleanup and minor stuff. I did finally get my reactor control system online using ComputerCraft, but other than that, not much to report, because...
  • I made the mistake of looking at Feed the Beast's Infinity Skyblock modpack. After a couple false starts that involved falling and lava-initiated fires, I ended up spending too much time exploring the starting tech trees. Lately, though...
  • Diablo III season 6 is running, and I've been playing that. I just finished getting the extra seasonal stash tab this weekend, so my interest will wane quickly now, That lead me to try...
  • Fishing Planet, a virtual fishing game for the PC. I've only played a couple hours, and while the basic gameplay seems like it has potential, the monetization scheme seems pretty harsh.
So that's pretty much a summary of the last month. The other side project I'm working on is a new setting for a roll20 game I want to start up. It's likely going to be OSRish, set in a colonial region, and possibly involve black powder weapons. I've been toying with a few mechanics for this game, like yet another advancement system and an alternative armor system to better handle guns. All very vague and muddy thus far.

Happy now, Mike?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: all comments are moderated to block spammers. Please be polite.